A woman who ate pizza and take-out beers revealed she lost nearly six kilograms in nine months following the guidance of a top personal trainer.
Divya Rallabhandi, 33, from the United States, was not overweight at 60 pounds when she started Sydney trainer Rachael Attard’s Lean Legs program, but she had excess weight around her midsection which was due to her lifestyle takeaway.
A few months later, Divya managed to get rid of excess fat and lengthen her torso, and now weighs 54.4 kilograms.
The 33-year-old explained that she swears by the 80/20 approach to her diet, whereby she eats healthily 80% of the time and indulges in a little of what she loves the other 20%.
BEFORE & AFTER: A woman who ate pizza and takeaway beers revealed she lost almost 6kg following the lead of a top PT (Divya Rallabhandi pictured before and after)
According to Divya, while she was never particularly unhealthy, she did have some bad eating habits:
“I was indulging in unhealthy foods like beer and pizza too often,” Divya told FEMAIL.
‘These were the first things to go. Now I only have them occasionally, once every two months or so, and I don’t even crave them anymore.”
The 33-year-old replaced her heavy alcohol and carbs with foods like dahl, fruits, nuts and lots of vegetables.
A typical day on her plate now includes a breakfast of two slices of toast with butter, cream cheese, Nutella and banana or egg, and a lunch of half a cup of dahl with greens and a piece of chocolate.
“My evening snacks are fruit, nuts or sometimes a handful of chips,” Divya said.
“While dinner is Indian wheat bread called roti with vegetables or cottage cheese.”
The 33-year-old explained that she swears by the 80/20 approach to her diet, whereby she eats healthily 80% of the time and indulges in a little of what she loves the other 20% (Divya pictured now)
In addition to her new healthy diet, Divya said she works out five days a week, which includes 45 minutes of low-intensity cardio like walking and then some weight training.
“I train my upper body three days a week following Rachael’s program videos, and then I do my abs and lower body on the other days,” she said.
“I think the most important thing is to be consistent and find a program that you really enjoy doing.”
Divya said she also makes sure to push herself once in a while with her workouts, so she’s “steadily growing.”
“I’ve learned from doing all of this that crash diets aren’t good either,” she said.
‘You need to eat in moderation and find a long-term sustainable meal plan. Eating 1-2 meals a week when you’re exercising regularly is no reason to feel guilty.’
Sydney-based personal trainer Rachael Attard (pictured) is responsible for transforming the bodies of thousands of people around the world with her program
One of Rachael’s best advice is that you should walk and aim for 10,000 steps every single day (Rachael Attard pictured)
Divya isn’t the only fan of Rachael Attard’s workout program.
The personal trainer from Sydney is responsible for transforming the bodies of thousands of people around the world with his program.
One of Rachael’s best advice is that you should walk and aim for 10,000 steps every single day.
“I recommend my clients walk at least three times a week and aim for 10,000 steps each time,” Rachael said.
“I know that sounds like a lot, but you don’t have to do it all at once.” You can spread out your step count throughout the day.’
The PT recommends cutting back on activities such as cycling, sprinting, or running up an incline, as they can build up your thigh muscles over time.
Also aim to take between 8,000 and 10,000 steps every single day to stay fit.
What does your body type say about how you should train?
Ectomorphs are usually naturally thin (like Victoria’s Secret models) and have a hard time building muscle.
If you’re an ectomorph body type, you probably already have naturally slimmer legs. So, your goal here is to maintain (or perhaps lose some stubborn lower body fat) while building lean muscle mass.
In this way your leg will gain tone and definition and you will avoid the lean and fat look.
Mesomorphs can be quite athletic and respond quickly to exercise, which means they build muscle easily.
They can lose weight very fast, but they can also gain weight fast. They are usually medium in size.
If you’re a mesomorph, overdoing workouts like squats and lunges can easily lead to bulky legs. So, your goal here is to reduce your body fat percentage and avoid exercises that will bulk up your legs in the process.
Endomorphs naturally have a stocky build and larger frame. They can build muscle very quickly and it is slightly harder for them to lose weight. But it’s not impossible!
If you’re an endomorphic body type, your goal is to really focus on reducing overall body fat and completely avoid any workouts that could cause you to bulk up.