As we approach the end of summer, theaters in northern Colorado and the Denver metro are starting to release their upcoming lineups for the 2022/23 season and ticket packages.
From mind-blowing magic and big band performances to lively musicals and guest speaker presentations, the theater offers a variety of entertainment for all ages.
Fort Collins Lincoln Center, Denver Center for Performing Arts, and Cheyenne Civic Center are all within an hour and 15-minute drive from Greeley and offer entertainment options for all ages, interests, and price ranges.
Below are some of the shows that will be coming to Fort Collins, Denver, and Cheyenne in the coming months.
If you don’t like driving to Denver or Cheyenne, Fort Collins Lincoln Center offers a wide range of shows, concerts, and conferences in under an hour’s drive.
Some of the shows scheduled for the 2022/23 season include:
- Friday 7 October – 20th ArtWear Fashion Show
- Friday October 14 – Kathleen Madigan: Do you have any ranches? Tour
- Friday 4th November – Whose lives anyway? With special guest Drew Carey
- Sunday, Nov. 13 – Flower of Toloache
- Saturday 14 January – ZUZU African Acrobats
- Wednesday January 25 – Dreamers: Magos Herrera and Brooklyn Rider @UCA
- Saturday 15 February – He turns 15 on the road to freedom
- Friday 24 February: Christian McBride’s New Jawn
- Sunday 12 March – HYPROV: Improv Under Hypnosis with Colin Mochrie and Asad Mecci
- Thursday 23 March – Nat Geo Live: The secrets of the whales
- Friday 31 March – The 5 chestnuts
- Thursday 6 April – Nat Geo Live: Greenwood- A Century of Resilience
- Wednesday 12 April – Borromeo String Quartet at the UCA
- Thursday 20 April – Anastasia
The theater, located at 417 W. Magnolia St., offers a variety of ticket packages and single ticket options. Tickets and packages for the 2022/23 season will go on sale on 10 August. For more information, to purchase tickets or to see the full lineup of the season, visit www.lctix.com.
If you haven’t seen a show at the Denver Center for Performing Arts, DCPA, it’s definitely worth a trip. Like Lincoln Center, DCPA offers a variety of entertainment including musicals, concerts, ballets, and more.
Some of the highlights of the DCPA 2022/23 season include:
- August 2- 14 – Pretty Woman: The Musical
- August 30 – September 11 – Hadestown
- August 31-December 18 – Theater of the mind
- 7-25 September – NEWSical The Musical
- September 30-November 6 – Much ado about nothing
- October 4-9 – Come from afar
- 25 October-November 6- He is not too proud: life and the time of temptations
- October 28-December 18— Little Red – A new musical
- November 2-20 – The Crown – Live!
- December 10-11 – Mannheim Steamroller
- December 16-18 – Rudolph the red-nosed reindeer: the musical
- December 20-January 1 – Bad girls
- Jan 24-Feb 5 – Kill a Mockingbird
- February 21-26 – STOMP
- March 31 – May 7 – The color purple
- May 31 – June 4 – Riverdance 25th Anniversary Show
The Denver Center for Performing Arts includes several theaters: Buell Theater, Ellie Caulkins Opera House, Garner Galleria Theater, Jones Theater, Kilstrom Theater, Randy Weeks Conservatory Theater, Singleton Theater and Wolf Theater. The center is located at 1400 Curtis St. in downtown Denver.
There are many restaurants and bars in the center, so visitors are encouraged to come early and enjoy a meal before their performance or stop for a cocktail after a show.
The center offers parking, but the garage fills up quickly. Other parking options located within walking distance of the DCPA are at:
- 1601 Curtis S.
- 1401 Lorenzo S.
- 1515 Arapahoe St.
- 1587 Lorenzo S.
As with Lincoln Center, the DCPA offers several ticket packages and single ticket options.
For more information on the Denver Center for Performing Arts, the full show schedule, or to purchase tickets, visit www.denvercenter.org.
To the north, the Cheyenne Civic Center also hosts a variety of shows and events for all ages. The Cheyenne Civic Center is located at 510 W. 20th St. and is also less than an hour’s drive from Greeley.
Some of the shows coming to the center include:
- Thursday 22 September – Joe Gatto
- Thursday 27 October – Tom Segura: I’m Coming Everywhere World Tour
- Friday 28 October – Wheel of Fortune live!
- Friday 4th November – The Commodores
- Sunday 6 November – Chris D’Elia
- Wednesday 9 November – The Black Jacket Symphony
- Saturday 3 December – The Nutcracker
Ticket prices are based on the show and seat selection.
For more information on the Cheyenne Civic Center, upcoming shows, or to purchase tickets, visit www.cheyennepresents.com.