The new acquisition and expansion of the product will support the end-to-end needs of reaching, monitoring and connecting more people to care, faster
BURLINGAME, California, October 27, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Color Health today announced a new behavioral health care solution and the acquisition of Mood Lifters, a leading group-based mental health company, to expand access to mental health care for organizations dealing with public health and the population. With these new services, Color is helping public health departments, school districts and others who care for the health of the population to provide behavioral and mental assistance on a large scale and for those in need.
“The challenges in accessing behavioral health arise from a supply shortage that can be solved by reinventing the logistics around the provision of health care, something that Color has been doing since our founding nine years ago,” said Othman Laraki, CEO of Color. “Through our experience in creating high impact federal, state and local programs for public and population health, we know that providing access to care in the context of how people live their daily lives is key to creating programs. of effective assistance “.
More than 50% of people in need of mental health care do not receive it, with even higher rates of unmet needs for racial and ethnic minorities. The median time between a patient’s onset of symptoms and their first treatment is now 11 years. These gaps in support are created and exacerbated by the shortage of qualified suppliers and access challenges, including costs and logistical obstacles. Color’s Behavioral Health Solution creates timely access to behavioral health screening and counseling, integrates access points and care resources directly into neighborhoods and community spaces, is networked with leading Medicaid and Medicare plans in all 50 states and provides multilingual and culturally appropriate assistance.
Color is also acquiring Mood Lifters, a clinically validated group mental health program designed to improve outcomes among adults and young people dealing with stress, difficult life situations, depression and anxiety. Mood Lifters uses an evidence-based treatment paradigm developed by Dr. Patrizia Deldin and dr. Cecilia Votta to the University of Michigan. Basically, groups are led by participants who have completed the course on their own, allowing for a sustainable source of new coaches at significantly lower costs than individual teletherapy.
Color’s mental and behavioral health solution supports the end-to-end needs of reaching, selecting and connecting more people for care faster and more efficiently across their health departments, school districts and managed care organizations. based on Color’s extensive experience with federal, state, and local governments, as well as K-12 school districts. The solution was created specifically to support organizations such as public health departments and schools, through:
- Enable more efficient screening: This flexible solution integrates into other screenings, including community sites, and allows organizations to continually catalog, manage and update local and community resources, as well as connect people to those resources for more acute or additional care needs.
- Provide high availability access to doctors, therapists and coaches: Color’s networking approach enables access to community tools and escalation of serious needs within 48 hours. The network of community sites and partners, including licensed coaches, therapists and psychiatrists, is built to fit and adapt to the needs of each community.
- Using a group-based mental health approach: Color provides an affordable, community-oriented peer-based mental health model based on Mood Lifters’ clinically validated platform. This non-clinical support for individuals of all ages has been scientifically proven to improve anxiety and depressive symptoms, including a nearly 50% reduction in symptoms among participants with moderate to severe anxiety and depression.
- Priority to sustainability: Color provides insurance billing infrastructure for enrollment and credential providers (including state Medicare and Medicaid plans), billing management, and support for large programs that increase effective capacity.
- Building for public health and disadvantaged populations: Color’s solution can integrate into existing community resources, is HIPAA compliant, provides support for multiple languages and is accessible online and offline, and integrates clinical and non-clinical networks that represent diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds. With propaganda and community support, organizations can quickly set up community sites in schools, libraries, post offices and other community spaces.
“At Mood Lifters, we have created a program that reduces the personal and financial burden of stress, depression and anxiety,” said Dr. Patrizia Deldin, co-founder and CEO of Mood Lifters. “Now, with Color, we will be able to realize our shared dream of offering readily available, high quality, effective, low cost and evidence-based care to those who really need it, wherever they are and by any means. “.
Color health information
Color is a comprehensive healthcare delivery platform, providing the technology, infrastructure and logistics needed to deploy large-scale healthcare initiatives to diverse populations. Color works with businesses, governments, schools and communities to provide equitable and accessible health services. Color supports access for traditionally disadvantaged communities and removes barriers to accessing care, such as having to make an appointment or provide a home address for assistance. Working with public health and community leaders, our model empowers more people to access lifesaving screening, counseling and treatment, wherever they are. For more information on color, visit www.color.com.
SOURCE Color health